Sunday, October 27, 2013

I'm sick

I'm sick of everyone saying fall is a bad thing. I'm sick of you all complaining about the cold weather and your tan going away. And I want you to just stop. Close your eyes and feel the cool breeze. Listen to the crunch of the leaves under your feet and love the moment you're in. Because Christmas is coming for goodness sakes! Why aren't you excited???!!!! Or maybe you need a better reason. Maybe you should love this moment because it could be your last. But even if it was, it wouldn't matter. I'm sick of people not appreciating everyday for what it is.

 You're running out of days. And there's no way to earn more.

I'm sick of people making a cover. I'm sick of the hours of time you put on your outside appearance and the little time on the inside. Just so people will think you're better than everyone. Maybe we shouldn't relate this to our physical appearance. Instead let's relate it to our journals. I'm sick of your intricate notebook covers and your sloppy inside pages. I'm sick of you trying to get attention for it. It's ok though.

I'm just gonna leave my cover blank. And you'll see a plain notebook. But I'll see me.

I'm sick of the the high school popularity system. Just stop.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. It's comforting to know I'm not the only who thinks this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm just gonna leave my cover blank. And you'll see a plain notebook. But I'll see me."

    I love this! So what if i write what i want and don't make the Slide show but i know who i am!

    ReplyDelete