Monday, October 7, 2013

Don't leave me here...

I know it's not likely but I long for us to die in each other's arms in the exact same moment.

Then we wouldn't have to face death. I'm more afraid to watch you die than to die myself. I'm more afraid to lose you than to lose my life.

But I know we aren't that lucky. We've already been blessed to have each other for so long, it's someone else's turn for the luck.

So we must face death.

If you leave before I do, I'll cry everyday.
I'll cry because I miss you and wish I could wake up next to you and make you breakfast. I'll cry because I feel alone and would give anything to feel your arms around me just one more time. I would cry because I am afraid. I would lay over your grave and tell you about my day. I'd cry and I'd laugh with you cause I need to feel again.
And I'd hope to be with you soon.


But if I leave before you do, I'd be thankful to know it was your arms that I was in when I left and your eyes I was looking into. I'd cry because I can't bear to watch you suffer. And I'd cry because I wish you were here with me. But most of all, I'd be your angel. 

I'd comfort you when you miss me and be there when you wake up. I'd listen and laugh and cry with you when you tell me about your day. I'd love you and protect you. I'd spend every minute with you and I'd be your angel.
And I'd hope to be with you soon.
And that's why I fear death. That's why I can't face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment