Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I wish you knew.

I wish you knew what I'm really thinking.
What I'm thinking when you're all laughing about what the homecoming king just said and when you're all admiring something great. I wish you knew what I'm thinking everytime we all focus on the same people over and over again.

I wish you'd think of the girl who's never been recognized and how she feels. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the good old, "Be a friend to the friendless!" and the, "I challenge you to all find someone who needs a friend" no. That's not what I mean. 

What I really want you to know is that I'm aching, but it doesn't hurt because I know better. And I worry about those who don't. 

I ache because so few receive all the praise in this world and so many receive none. And they deserve some too. Half of us don't praise the people we do because we actually like them. We just start liking what the people around us like.

I wish you knew that I'm worried about you. Because I am. I'm worried that you aren't being recognized, and you deserve it. All because we're following a leader and we're all liking what they like. I'm worried because I know how you feel. I'm not recognized either. But remember. I know better.

I wish you knew better too. I know you cry in the shower because then you can't really tell how many tears there are. And maybe it will make the pain seem less not knowing about your tears.

I know because I used to cry in the shower too. And then, I'd get out and pretend it didn't happen. And I'd put that smile on and walk out into a world that doesn't recognize me. But then I learned. And now I know better.

I know that everyone and their opinion doesn't matter. I know how to not care. And that's the best feeling. 

I wish you knew how to not care. I wish you knew how to ache without feeling pain. Like me. You're able to be happy. Although I will admit you'll be very annoyed with the way our world works...but you'll be happy.

I wish you knew, but until you do. I'm the lucky one who doesn't care.

1 comment: